Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory – and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
We are recruiting an Online Merchandiser as part of the growing online trading team. We’ve invested in a new Salesforce eCommerce system and are now building the trading team to maximize this potential. Come & join the team responsible for the product, presentation, promotions and activity calendar for the website. Whether it be Party & Balloons, Cards & Gifts or Key events there’s always something new exciting to work on.
- Management and execution of the digital trading calendar for Cardfactory.co.uk. Working with content, buying, supply and marketing teams to plan and execute the trading activity across the website (homepage, category pages etc);
- Responsible for the merchandising of all products including;
- Descriptions, images, content and taxonomy
- Creating landing pages, category pages and competition pages
- Testing new promotions, codes and uploads
- Optimise customer journeys through to sales, specifically;
- Homepage / category / product pages (onsite promotional plan)
- Nominate products or themes for email campaigns based on merchandising performance
- Review and optimisation of search results
- Customer reviews
- Work with the marketing team on visual design/content and create landing pages for campaign and SEO purposes
- Define and implement a cross-sell / up-sell programme onsite;
- Share trading performance with teams across the business including;
- Sales, stock, fastest/slowing sales line
- Re-order/replenishment for non-personalised products
- Forecasting sales for seasonal / events
- Share market and competitor information;
- Track and document competitor trading and marketing activity (new ranges, homepage promotions, email, campaigns, promotional etc)
- New or enhanced digital experiences
- Market activity / new entrants
- Must have proven skills and experience in an online / eCommerce merchandising role;
- Ideally has experience of Salesforce platform or similar;
- Good understanding of digital merchandising principles and consumer buying behaviour;
- Good knowledge of web analytics solutions (Google), Excel and Powerpoint;
- Analytical and good reporting skills;
- Self-starter, driven and keen to be part of a small and growing team;
- Good eye for detail (creative, content);
- An interest in digital / eCommerce technology and digital trends;
- A sense of humour is advantageous!
Competitive salary and benefits package