Salary: £18.35 – £18.35
Shift hours: Part Time
To carry out or oversee the repair, maintenance or installation of all plant, equipment, systems and building structure/fabric associated with the premises, in line with best practice, statutory compliance and service level agreements as detailed in the IFM Contract. The post holder is required to have significant core experience in Electrical and Mechanical engineering.
The post holder will be required to undertake the role within a weekly rotating early/late start and be prepared to assume on call responsibilities every 1 in 6 weeks
- The post holder must have a multi skilled approach to a wide range of work of other trades outside your core trade skills, and be able to undertake work in a safe and effective manner, complying with all relevant safety legislation and procedures and complying with Sodexo Health and Safety Procedures on all works undertaken.
- The multi skilled approach will require crossover beyond that of Electrical/Mechanical to ensure optimum service delivery.
- The ability to organise and prioritise own workload, where required, and to work with minimal supervision and also have the ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- To provide cover for other Multi-Skilled engineers in cases of annual leave, sickness and vacancies.
- At all times carry company communication devices (Mobile phone) to facilitate immediate response to emergencies during core hours and when on call.
- Communicate with colleagues, Clients and their representatives in a polite and courteous manner at all times to ensure a high level of customer care. Keep service delivery managers up to date, at all times, with engineering and building issues that may affect their service delivery.
- Review the stores and identify critical and regularly used items, which should be held as ‘standard stock items’ in the future.
- To take direction and receipt of planned or reactive workloads from Tech Services Management team and or the Helpdesk for completion.
- Qualification in or Knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical Building Services.
- Time served Engineer with at least 5 years relevant post experience in a similar environment.
- Ability to Multi-task across mechanical, electrical and building discipline’s at a basic level
- Good organisational skills with the ability to organise others.
- The ability to listen to others understand and interpret their views.
- Analyse and provide technical advice and solutions.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non –technical staff.
- Prioritizing own workload and working under own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Experience of working within a Building Maintenance Organisation.
- Basic supervision of maintenance contractors
- A good understanding of the interrelationship between assets and their maintenance and lifecycle requirements.
- Understand user’s requirements and the concepts behind various maintenance regimes.
- Working knowledge of H & S. Working knowledge of relevant current legislation and guidance.
- Personal presentation must be of a high professional standard.
- Strong sense of client focus.
- Prepared to contribute to how the department operates
- Must hold UK driving licence
- Proof of eligibility to work in UK
- Educated to HNC/HND or equivalent experience in an Engineering or Building discipline.
- DBS Enhanced
- Basic report writing skills
- Good leadership skills
- Experience with Personal Digital Assistant (PDA’s) systems
- Understanding of Statutory and Technical requirements for the operation and maintenance of plant and engineering services
- Experienced team worker
- Applicants who do not meet the required experience stated above but who can demonstrate an ability which is deemed to be acceptable may be considered
Location: South East London, England