Salary: £22800 – £27100
Shift hours: Full Time
We are seeking an experienced Offshore Payroll Controller to administer and process monthly payroll for offshore personnel (core crew and adhoc). The Payroll Controller is accountable for the administration of the day-to-day operations of the offshore payroll function and duties, responding to payroll queries and partnering with segment operational teams (HR, Logistics, Operations, Finance) and the central transversal payroll function in accordance with deadlines.
Please note that this is a role operating in alignment with COTA pay terms and conditions, good working knowledge of COTA/OCA or unionised terms is essential. Experience of SAP and Whinshuttle would be particularly advantageous. You would be a forward-thinking team player with great influencing and communication skills.
We offer a salary £22,800 – £27,100 dependent on experience, a great team to work with and development and progression opportunities within the company. This role is site-based with some flexible working considered. Please note – this role will require an ASAP start.
- Collation and review of offshore timesheets against time data submitted from offshore leadership and internal logistics rota/trackers
- Managing the inputting of correct payroll data into payroll software
- Completing full monthly processing activities for payrolls which will include but are not exclusive to:
- Timewriting, payroll input – overtime, field pay, bonuses, ad hoc payments, and deductions
- Checking of master data changes in live rota system and ensuring successful data flow into payroll systems – analysing errors and liaising with multiple teams to ensure corrections are made in time
- Payroll validation checks
- Completing month end tasks such as reports, PAYE & NIC reconciliations, P45s, etc., and maintaining payroll records.
- Checking and processing new hires and leavers information
- Supporting operational activities and data reporting requirements (e.g. absence management – labour cost impact)
- Statutory payments calculations
- Processing employee earnings arrestments
- HMRC reconciliation of RTI and PAYE
- Payroll journals preparation
- Internal reporting as required
- Handling employee queries
- Experience of delivering a high-quality payroll service in a fast-paced environment
- Proven payroll experience in oil industry or similar
- COTA/OCA or unionised pay terms and conditions experience desirable
- Strong working experience of automated and integrated payroll systems, particularly knowledge of SAP (winshuttle desirable)
- Up to date knowledge of current Payroll legislations (e.g. SSP, SMP Tax codes/allowances)
- Knowledge of auto enrolment and pension schemes
- Proven experience of processing benefits
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills. Will be required to communicate with audiences ranging from Senior crew leaders to front line individuals, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- High standards of numeracy and written communication, working in collaboration with colleagues in Operations, Finance, HR, and Transversal functions.
- Languages: excellent command of English language is essential
Location: Aberdeen, England