Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our fantastic team based at Maltby Blocks Plant, South Yorkshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting into our production supervisors, the successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Rotating round and supporting our sites on meeting daily production target requirements
- Reporting of data for quality purposes and helping to achieve against quality KPIs
- Taking on supervisory tasks as required
- Supporting and working with our maintenance and engineering teams to improve plant reliability and availability
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround
As part of our production team, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar factory environment. You will also:
· Ideally hold a mobile plant licence (forklift, clamp truck, shovel)
· Ideally, but not essentially, hold a Mechanical and/or electrical maintenance qualification
· Be and effective communicator – written and verbal
· Hold a full UK driving licence
· Be flexible and have the ability to travel to multiple sites as required
· Be a good team player
Due to the location of the site being in the middle of the quarry own transport is essential.
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/117/1287