Salary: £27,100 – £28,700 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for a Pharmacy Technician to work closely with the primary care team, pharmacy team and on-site pharmacist in the delivery of a high quality pharmacy service to the prison population.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Assist with the implementation and development of pharmacy support to all wings in the prison which includes where appropriate counselling of patients on the correct use of medication and administer medication once competent on the wings.
- Ensure clinical notes are maintained to the agreed standard at all times and that clients are appropriately assessed, admitted, care planned and discharged.
- Where set up, assist in the delivery of specialist services to prisoners e.g. smoking cessation, weight management, In Possession risk assessment clinics, medicines reconciliation
- Ensure that controlled drugs are stored and recorded in line with necessary procedures immediately escalating any problems to the Pharmacy Manager, Lead Pharmacist and Head of Healthcare as soon as they are detected.
- Assist in the delivery of a timely and efficient medicines management service to the Wing Treatment Services with responsibility for ensuring safe and appropriate access to medicines
- Issuing of ‘In Possession’ medicines where appropriate to prisoners in order to provide information in relation to medicines management, side effects and general medical advice.
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
- NVQ level 3, BTEC or equivalent
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Relevant post qualifying experience working within a pharmacy environment.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrate and provide evidence of personal professional development.
- Flexible attitude to working arrangements – must be able to multi-skill changing work patterns at short notice and able to work within changing environments
- Committed to patient care and first-class service provision.
- Ability to work within a pressurised environment.
- Good IT skills and evidence of computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Location: HMP Peterborough, Saville Road, Westwood, Peterborough, England