Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mobile Plant Fitter to be managed from our Head Office in Abergavenny, South Wales. This is a hybrid / remote working role so therefore we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas – Cornwall, Devon, Exeter, Wells, Bridgwater, Cardiff, Newport, Chepstow, Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester and the surrounding areas.
The role of Mobile Plant Fitter is a DAYS role so you will be required to work Monday – Friday with overtime available to meet with our site’s needs.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry.
The Mobile Plant Fitter will work closely with the plant maintenance team. You will be responsible for undertaking vehicle plant maintenance, repairs and improvements to ensure maximum reliability of all our plant vehicles.
Your responsibilities will include (not exhaustive):
- Have a proven track record of Vehicle Plant Maintenance and Repair
- Ensuring breakdowns, servicing and maintenance are in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and instructions, additionally liaising with both the Workshop Manager and Manufactures to ensure this is carried out
- Respond to vehicle plant breakdowns and be responsible for the correct and efficient repair of vehicles keeping downtime to a minimum with timely and safe adherence to the maintenance plan whilst complying to all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental standards
- Continue to improve vehicle plant performance whilst maintaining safety, maintenance and asset reliability
- Ensuring that you hold a stock of items that are in regular use and re-ordering or ordering specialist parts
- Have pride in your workplace, this will be both in your van and on multi-sites
You will be required to provide flexibility in this role a vehicle is provided with this role so you must have a FULL UK manual car driving license with no more than 6 points
The successful applicant in the role of Mobile Plant Fitter will be instrumental in the future development and maintenance of our culture to achieve the benefits available through our continuous improvement strategies. You will have experience within a similar heavy vehicle plant industry.
Mobile Plant Fitter – Qualifications/Requirements/Capabilities:
- ESSENTIAL – Apprentice trained in Vehicle Plant Maintenance
- ESSENTIAL – Experience in Vehicle Plant Maintenance
- ESSENTIAL – Experience of operating a number of plant categories
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary + Van + Benefits
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47943/3994