Salary: £11.45 per hour
Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Hospital Porter to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for a new member to join our highly dedicated Hospital Porter team, who deliver outstanding customer services for patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
As a Porter, you will play a vital role in keeping the hospital operating and doing what it does best. Without the Porters the hospital wouldn’t be able to deliver its lifechanging medical services. Believe us when we say, this isn’t just any job, this is a job which makes a real difference.
- Transporting patients throughout the hospital; ensuring response times and standards are maintained throughout.
- Delivering medical gas cylinders, equipment, stores, furniture, pharmaceutical and pathology items.
- Taking blood samples, specimens and medication around the hospital in a timely and pleasant manner.
- To take linen, case notes and the removal and disposal of waste.
- Transporting the deceased to the mortuary.
- Receive, record and prioritise job requests in line with agreed procedures.
- Support medical staff during emergency situations.
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- All team members eligible are entitled to up to 20% discount at their place of work. Team members are able to take advantage of this discount at the following retail brands operated by Compass Group: Costa, Deli Marche, Amigo and Baguette Co, to name a few.
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a Porter before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do with a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our patients.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Job Reference: com/1909/99320005/52541913/ONE #LI-DNP
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone’s talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive – Diversity is Our Strength!