We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
West Northamptonshire Council is entering its third year of operation as a large unitary authority. The Procurement and Contract Governance team play a pivotal and strategic role supporting all service areas with the many existing and new contracts within the council.
We are looking for two Procurement Managers.
One for our corporate spend supporting corporate areas of the council from HR, Finance, IT and other Business Services.
The other focussed in our Waste Procurement contracts within the Place Directorate.
These roles offer great home work life balance offering predominant working remotely with MS Teams for the majority of meetings and the team coming together in the office once week.
Hours are also flexible and you will quickly notice the co-operative team togetherness of this team as well as the customers.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for Procurement Managers who will pick up procurements from our pipeline of contracts and lead their customers from start to finish on various public procurements for goods and services as well as awarding through frameworks.
You will work within a new and close knit Procurement & Contracts Governance team split into 3 wide service areas.
Both roles report to the Procurement Business Partner.
We have the tools and templates and support from a close knit team to support you but you must know your Public Procurement Regulations 2015 to be able to advertise and award a tender processes, moderate evaluations and advise stakeholders on procurement process and best practice in the public sector.
Working knowledge of e-procurement tendering/RFQ systems such as Intend or similar is also needed.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.