At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Quarry Process Operator to join our team based in Dunbar Cement Plant, Scotland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring adherence to safety policy guidelines and requirements and supporting achievement of the Quarry production department goals and objectives.
Candidates should be aware that the nature of the role requires at times the ability to work in all weather conditions, training to use fixed plant and mobile plant equipment and quarry blasting and shotfiring operations.
Site operations are 365 days, 24/7 and the role requires flexibility to ensure effective running of the plant. This will involve night working, weekend and bank holidays if necessary.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful candidate, you will ensure that the production plans are adhered to in order to meet the demands of the Plant as part of the production team, whilst responding to any additional tasks that may arise around the site.
- Ensure the highest levels of safety are achieved in all work completed. The daily monitoring and execution quarry production activities, ensuring high quality output on time and to budget.
- Quarry regulations compliance and any other relevant statutory legislation.
- Carry out risk and stop assessments, and ensure safe working methods are documented in line with policy. To also generate a risk assessment where one does not exist and review existing ones.
- Organise work to ensure it is carried out and managed efficiently and safely within the operational safety standards and ensure work is compliant with safety legislation and policy.
- Identify and plan resources required to meet the needs of the Quarry from both a preventative and emergent work perspective. Ensure timelines and costs are met in accordance with guidelines from line management.
- First level inspections to confirm the standards of the operating equipment. Report and action plan to conduct any improvements required.
- Mobile Plant Operation and the safe use of them, ensuring the equipment is maintained. Such as Bulldozer, Dump Trucks
- Fixed Plant Operation and the safe use of them, ensuring the equipment is maintained. Such as Crushers and conveyors
- Energy Isolation processes are to be followed in line with the safety procedures when working on equipment
- Environmental awareness and understanding, supporting the Quarries responsibility of this
- Manufacturing awareness and understanding of the Quarries integration with the cement plant
- Quarry operations knowledge and thorough understanding of the quarry and extractive industry
- Shotfiring and blasting experience, where nominated to train individuals will be trained and responsible for these operations to be conducted in a safe manner.
- Responsible for own development and identification of training needs. To improve skills and knowledge through networking and best practice sharing with other sites.
- You may be called upon out of hours for quarry support
The ideal candidate will be flexible, self-motivated individual who possesses a positive attitude in their approach to work. With a commitment to maintaining and improving Health, Safety and Environmental standards across the department and site.
- Mobile Plant Qualifications
- IOSH working safely or equivalent
- Literacy and numeracy qualification
- Previous Quarrying/ Manufacturing/ Heavy Industry experience
- First level maintenance
- Shotfiring and blasting experience desirable
- Good knowledge of the cement manufacturing process
- Quarry process knowledge (e.g. crushing and blasting)
- Environmental awareness
- Knowledge and understanding of health, safety and environmental issues
- Knowledge of quality management methods and standards
- Knowledge of equipment isolation procedures
- Computer literacy
- Ability to interact with plant personnel at all levels
- Willingness to be flexible
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Location: Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/67621/4012