Salary: £32000 – £41000
Shift hours: Full Time
Registered Nurse, adults – home-working and community setting
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week), will consider part time hours
Contract: Permanent/Fixed Term contracts available
Pay: £32,000-£41,000 per annum (equivalent to Agenda for Change band 6/7, depending on experience)
Regions: East Midlands-Based centrally to Northampton and will cover Banbury, Leicester and Derby
About Prestige Nursing and Care
Prestige Nursing + Care, which is part of the Sodexo group, provides home-care that evolves with the changing needs of our clients. We have a network of over 30 branches in England and Scotland and are leading the care industry to raise standards by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services that ensure people receive the highest quality of care. Our services span the generations across a number of environments:
- Adults of all ages, including the elderly and frail, based in their own homes and community setting
- Babies, children and young people in and outside of the home setting i.e. at school, college, social activities and play
We offer complex clinical nursing care, led by an experienced registered nurse, provided in the client’s own home/community setting and delivered by a registered nurse or professional carer.
About the role
We are seeking a Registered Dual Nurse to join our dynamic, friendly team to support nurse led complex clinical care provided to adults and children in their own homes.
Predominantly based in the East Midlands area you will be the ‘named nurse’ for a specified number of adults and children receiving complex care in their own homes. You will also provide support to the branch teams and carers based in Northampton/Banbury/Leicester and Derby which will involve intermittent travel to that region. You will report to the Clinical Lead for the East and will be expected to contribute to ongoing projects and improvement initiatives relating to clinical care.
During the Covid 19 pandemic, our regional nurses have been home based with access to branch offices where required, to support on-going work in the community setting. Our staff have access to weekly tests and the vaccination programme for all health and social care staff is currently being rolled out at pace.
The role involves:
- Responsibility for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of complex clinical care packages
- Implementing our high standards of care
- Participating in quality improvements through supervision and audit
- Re-assessing and re-evaluating programmes of care when needed.
- Supporting non registrant carers to provide hands-on care; this involves teaching and undertaking competency assessments/ sign-offs.
- Being an active member of the nursing team – developing teaching tools, policy and sharing best practice whenever possible.
- Contributing to company-wide initiatives and improvement projects relating to clinical care provision.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, forward-thinking nurse, ideally with community experience and a teaching qualification or experience, although we will consider those with proven expertise and sound clinical skills who are keen to gain community experience. You will have the confidence and competence to oversee a varied case-load, and contribute to the on-going development of nurse-led care provision and support to non-registrant professional carers delivering care.
- Current UK professional NMC registration: RNC/RN:LD with significant ( over 2 years) complex needs experience
- Ongoing CPD evidence
- A recognised teaching and assessing qualification, 998 or Learning Through Mentorship
- Knowledge of child and adult safeguarding procedures
- To have had some clinical experience working within a community setting.
- Car owner, driver essential.
Closing date: Friday 9th April 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 12th April 2021 if not sooner.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this role and would like to find out more please apply on line and one of our dedicated colleagues will be in touch within 48 hours to start your journey with Prestige Nursing + Care.
“ By submitting your details, you acknowledge that Prestige Nursing is collecting, processing and using your personal data for managing your application”
Closing date for applications is Friday 9th April 2021. Prestige Nursing + Care reserve the right to close a role at anytime.
Location: Northampton, England