Shift hours: Full Time
Regional Adult Nurse – Scotland
Permanent – Part-Time – 30 hours per week
Based from Angus but covering all 5 Scotland (Angus, Dundee, Cupar, Kirkaldy and Edinburgh)
Salary – £33 000 – £41 000 -pa (pro rata)
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about quality as we are and you want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity. You can help us to grow and develop in an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
We offer complex nursing care, led by an experienced registered nurse, provided in the client’s own home/ community setting and delivered by a nurse, heath care assistant or support worker.
We offer a supportive working environment with lots of potential for learning and development and a friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent Nursing professional with solid Adult Nursing experience and a flexible, enthusiastic, and can-do attitude to join our Scotland Regional Team, supporting our current complex needs clients based in the Angus, Dundee, Cupar, Kirkaldy and Edinburgh areas.
Interested? Then feel free to apply and start your journey with Prestige Nursing & Care or contact Louise on: firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat about this opportunity.
* Prestige Nursing & Care reserve the right to close this role early
** By submitting your details, you acknowledge that Prestige Nursing is collecting, processing, and using your personal data for managing your application. For more information, please visit our Candidate Privacy Notice on our website
*** Disclosure and Barring Service Check – This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
The role of a Regional Nurse is to provide clinical expertise and professional leadership to specific branches within a designated region, to enable the planning and delivery of safe and high-quality complex care provision to adults in their own homes and community settings.
- To be accountable for and lead on the clinical components of care delivery
- To risk assess individual client referrals and to continually provide clinical input, expertise and advice relating to care-planning and delivery across the pathway and evaluate outcomes
- Attend meetings and/or liaise with MDT, commissioners, case managers and clients etc to build and manage clinical caseload
- To act as a clinical role model and leader for all members of staff
- To facilitate and deliver an ongoing programme of clinical knowledge/skills-training and competency assessments to non-registered members to enable them to competently deliver care with minimal supervision
- Maintain standards, proactively manage clinical risk, complaints and play a pro-active role in quality improvement
- Promote compliance and adherence to internal policies and standards
- Keep abreast of national standards and requirements surrounding adult services, and relevant specialism and work with colleagues across all regions to agree practice changes and implications
- Assist branches in assessing client complexity and ensure adequate registered nurse input is available to support carers in delivering safe and high-quality age-appropriate care
- Commitment to improving client/family experience at every step of the care pathway.
- Identify, develop and maintain new business streams
The role is regionally based i.e it covers a specified number of branches across a designated region and, therefore, will include regional travel. On occasions National UK travel may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE (D-Desirable, E-Essential)
- RN/RNLD/RMN with current NMC registration E
- Recognised teaching qualification/experience E
- Significant experience of care management, including relevant clinical experience, in the community or hospital setting with evidence of professional development E
- Evidence of developing policy, guidelines and managing resources D
- Management of risk and health and safety E
- Experience of safeguarding adults and children procedures and ability to implement E
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written E
- Ability to work on own initiative as well a part of a team – self-motivated E
- Coaching and mentoring skills, teaching qualification D
- Evidence of success in leading/managing significant and sustained change D
- Effective people management skills E
- Ability to negotiate, influence, escalate and seek advice E
- Experience in interpreting and analysing data and meet deadlines D
- Excellent IT and presentation skills E
- Awareness of budgetary management and control E
- Knowledge and application of HR procedures E
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theory and application of clinical governance E
ATTRIBUTES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative E
- Can do approach E
- Ability to work independently and within a team E
- Ability to travel to and from specified branches within a designated region E
- Car driver with current license and insurance E
- Demonstrate good leadership skills. E
- Professional in manner and appearance. E
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity E
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values E
- Demonstrates the behaviours associated with Prestige Nursing & Care’s values E
Location: Angus, Scotland