Registered Manager Children's Residential Full Time Up to £45k
Registered Mangers must have:
- Level 3 diploma in Heath & Social Care (or equivalent) or Children and Young people or equivalent.
- A level 5 in leadership and Management
The Registered Manager fulfils an important role within the organisational structure of ROC Northwest Ltd. As such, he/she will be expected to play an active part in (and make a significant contribution to) the ongoing development and improvement of the work of the home, the care staff team and the programmes and activities for young people.
- The general leadership and management of a team of staff and young people.
- All aspects of the day to day management of the house and its programmes and activities, ensuring that it operates in a smooth, effective and efficient manner.
- Delegating and rotating daily tasks and responsibility to members of his/her care staff team in a fair and consistent manner.
- Modelling high standards in your dress code, professional courtesy and manners, communication, report writing, dealing with issues and conflict resolution.
- Preparing the agenda for meetings and for chairing and taking minutes.
- Training new staff in care staff procedures and routines.
- Attending management meetings as and when required.
- Completing data collection reports as directed by Care Tech.
- Ensuring that Children and Young Peoples case files are kept up to date and compliant in line with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- The control and distribution of house finances. Keeping accurate and up to date financial records. Preparing financial reports for the Operations Manager and Financial Accountant.
- Ensuring that the results from all reviews are recorded on a child’s file by a named member of staff. Furthermore, that all professional records, including staff files, are kept in good order, filed securely and are up to date.
- Completing the staff rota and in ensuring that there is sufficient cover in place for the needs of the home.
- Recording and monitoring holiday requests to ensure that all shifts can be covered and are adequately staffed by competent workers.
- Ensure storage and practice around administration is managed in compliance with GDPR.
- To lead and manage one of ROC Northwest Ltd’s registered homes to provide an emotionally secure, consistent, warm, supportive and caring environment for the young people and to encourage their social, physical, emotional intellectual and moral development so that they may realise their own potential.
This job description requires the post holder to perform his/her duty commensurate with the agreed standards for:
Children’s Homes – Quality Standards and Regulations
The Children’s Act
Ofsted Framework and Regulations
BILD – Autistic Spectrum Disorders
It is the responsibility of the post holder to be fully aware of the standards that ROC Northwest Ltd require in carrying out the duties in this job description.
Registered Manager Children's Residential [SYS-5075]
Location: Colne, BB8 7NB