Salary: £35000 – £40000
Shift hours: Permanent
WHAT: Restaurant Manager
WHEN: April 2022
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
LOCATION: National Theatre
SALARY: £35-40k/£150-200 day rate
The National Theatre, one of the UK’s leading arts venues, reaches millions of people each year through live and digital programming, creating and sharing performances in London, across the UK and internationally. The organisation strives to be accessible, inclusive and sustainable. It empowers artists and craftspeople to make world-leading work, inspires young people, and works with communities. Based in the heart of London’s South Bank, the venue is home to multiple performance spaces and is attended by over a million people annually, operating year-round to provide a welcoming space for audiences and visitors alike.
KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses. We run brilliant street food markets, workshops, consultancy, bars, a food hall in Central London and have developed a growing, successful corporate catering company, KERB Events Limited.
We are a food-obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the KERB up.
We are looking for a freelance Restaurant Manager to manage an exciting summer activation at Terrace Restaurant inside the National Theatre on London’s iconic South Bank. We need a talented, enthusiastic team player to deliver an excellent hospitality experience for all NT guests and clients, leading a passionate hospitality team during an exciting summer of independent restaurant pop-ups, outdoor events & activations.
The role suits someone hungry to get involved with KERB, with a keen eye for detail, good communication skills, understanding of both casual & formal dining, and experience working with a diverse and lengthy range of stakeholders. Ideally you will have a grasp of the street food world and previous experience working within a “pop-up” environment however most importantly you will have a can-do attitude with the hunger and expertise to push the F&B offering at the National Theatre to a new level.
- Lead the day to day operation of Terrace Restaurant with occasional oversight of the outside summer market
- Working with the Project Manager to ensure all recommended health and safety practices are adhered to.
- Customer engagement – being the voice and face of KERB on the ground.
- Updating EPOS
- Focusing on the customer experience and developing ways to enhance this.
- Handling the reservations platform and bookings.
- Manage rotas and staffing.
- History and experience in restaurant management
- A clear and detailed understanding of current food & drink trends.
- Strong people management skills, working with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver the best outcome for KERB and its traders.
- Proactive / self-starter able to focus and operate in a free-style work environment.
- Excellent people skills, confident talking to customers and traders and developing long-term relationships.
- Personal License Holder
- An interest and understanding of the street food industry and wider food scene of London.
- Love of the food’s role within the city.
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem-solve.
- Outstanding hustle