Retail Store Manager
Our store is located on Biggin Street in the heart of Dover
Become a Retail Store Manager at The Works
As a Retail Store Manager, you’ll be the captain of the shop floor, leading your team with energy and enthusiasm. Commercial success will be your mission, but you’ll do it with a twist of creativity and a sprinkle of magic. You’ll create unforgettable moments for our customers, leaving them with smiles on their faces and products to go home with and craft memories they’ll cherish!
Recruiting and nurturing your very own team of Avengers, you’ll support your team by helping them to grow and achieve their full potential. But don’t forget to have fun along the way – it’s in our DNA! We believe that a high performing team is a happy team.
Now, let’s be real. Retail can be challenging at times. But fear not, for you’ll be armed with a passion for our products and a dedication to our Crafty, Caring, and Can-do culture. Hitting targets, solving problems, and reaching your potential should give you an exhilarating sense of accomplishment.
The Works is an awesome place to… well, work! Our atmosphere is supportive, friendly and inclusive. A second home-from-home where you can be your best and authentic you.
Our environment is busy, always moving and full of energy. Yet we still make space to share must-watch TV recommendations and our favourite page-turners. Because even superheroes need some downtime to fuel their imaginations!
- Delight and inspire every customer by leading a team that offers an exceptional retail experience. With brilliant product knowledge and a touch of magic, you’ll wow our customers with additional products and services, like our fantastic loyalty scheme.
- Create a store experience that’s fun, friendly, accessible, and inclusive. You’ll recruit team members who are full of potential, embodying our values and behaviours, to build a dream-team of retail superheroes.
- Collaboration is key! Join forces with fellow Retail Store Managers, Area and Regional teams, to share best practices and encourage continuous growth across the teams – we win together.
- Drive retail commerciality like a boss! Striving for fantastic sales and high performance across all KPI’s.
- It’s not all about numbers. Your store will shine with excellent standards and impeccable merchandising. From cleanliness to pricing, you’ll make sure everything is picture-perfect.
- As a Retail Store Manager, you’ll be on the front lines, shoulder-to-shoulder with your team, creating an environment that’s always ready to welcome customers with open arms.
- A master of promotional change: You’ll be the magician behind transforming our space to align with the Matrix (no, not the movie!), and the hottest seasonal trends.
- You’ll be a merchandising master, effortlessly placing products in both planogrammed and non-planogrammed spaces. You’ll soon be looking at a high SKU count like your best game of Tetris!
Being a great leader
As a great leader with wonderful people skills, you’ll create a team that’s more than just co-workers — it’s a family.
- You’ll inspire, motivate, and drive your team to reach their potential. You’ll have jumping with excitement and ready to conquer the world, or at least become the go-to person for inspiration on reading, learning, creativity, or play.
- But let’s not forget about the most important part… your team’s well-being and aspirations. You’ll be their biggest supporter, cheering them on. You’ll have amazing everyday conversations with your team, discussing everything from their performance to their wildest career aspirations.
Your own personal career development
The best bit about this? You get to choose your own adventure. Whether you want to progress within Retail, explore our Support Centre, or conquer the Distribution, we’ll find the perfect path for you and help you get there. It’s like having a menu of career options!
- Level up within Retail, climbing the ladder to become a retail superstar taking on bigger stores, or by managing a collection of stores as an Area Manager and beyond. You’ll be the hero who inspires and leads other stores to greatness.
- In the Support Centre, you’d be part of a specialist team that works behind the scenes to keep the retail magic alive, becoming an expert in a particular field and making sure the stores are supported every day like clockwork.
- And in our Distribution Centre, you’d be the master of logistics, ensuring that our products reach customers with lightning speed.
We’re big enough that you’d never need to leave! You can continue learning and developing until your heart’s content – With that said… why would you work anywhere else?!
Our PERKS really are ‘The Works’
- 25% Colleague Discount! – Plus, exclusive Double Discount days.
- MyWorks – Access exclusive online discounts on hundreds of retailers, holidays, utilities deals, tech and more!
- Can-Do Academy – Grow and develop your career with instant access to training and development that interests you.
- Wagestream – Claim early access to 50% of your wages as you earn them.
- Share Scheme – Unleash your inner Monopoly mogul and own a piece of The Works!
- 24/7 support for you and your family – Through our Employee Assistance Programme and Retail Trust partnerships.
- Long Service Awards – Did we mention cash rewards, gifts, or holiday rewards?
- + Loads more! – Buy extra Holiday, Pension, Life Assurance, and optional Charity Giving.
To inspire reading. learning, creativity and play – making lives more fulfilled
We are Crafty | We are Caring | We are Can-do
Salary: £23500.00 – £26500.00 per annum
Job Type: full time
Full Address: Ground Floor, 56, 56-57 Biggin St, Dover CT16 1DB, UK