We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
To work alongside the team manager and reunification family worker to deliver timely and planned reunification assessments underpinned by the evidenced based NSPCC Framework. This will include assessing parental capacity to change, risk classification, analytical chronologies and participating in multi-agency planning meetings.
To work with the foster carers, fostering support service and children’s social care to offer planned and time limited support to carers who are looking after children and young people with complex and challenging behaviours.
For more information or to chat about this opportunity please contact Suzie.Hawkins@cambridgeshire.gov.uk
This is a rolling campaign and we check applications daily, don’t wait to apply!
You will be a qualified and registered social worker with excellent
communication and written skills. You will be familiar with trauma informed
approaches and be able to confidently manage situations involving risk.
Successful applicants will be highly motivated and committed to working as part of a team. The ability to liaise and form positive relationships with partner agencies is essential. You will be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service and willing to work occasional planned work on evenings or weekends.
We’re looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.