Salary: Attractive salary, plus benefits
Are you looking for a sustainable career? Where no two days are the same? Whilst working for an ethical employer who truly makes a difference to our planet?
Not only does this role offer a rewarding career, it also has a clear path for progression and career development- which means a bright future awaits.
By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040. Truly you will be making the world a better place to live for the next generation.
As a key part of the team, you will be responsible for contributing to the efficient production and safety of our Reusable Steel activities. You will play an active role in the management of steel materials from initial receipt, testing, processing through to eventual dispatch.
- Receipt, unloading, processing, stocking, retrieval and dispatch of steel sections using mobile plant such as combi-lift, Fork Lift Truck and/or side-loader
- Assessment of quality to ensure that the reusable steel materials are suitable for use
- Ensuring that material value is preserved through careful handling to avoid damage
- Marking of materials to ensure traceability and to manage stocks
- Where instructed and required the removal of fabricated steel sections through hand tools and/or hot cutting equipment
- The reduction in length of sections by cutting and preparing to be sent for shot-blasting
- The taking of samples from steel sections using hand tools
- Assisting customers and colleagues
- Unloading and loading customer vehicles with steel sections
- Safely operating and be willing to learn the operation of various items of plant and machinery
- Conducting regular checks on machinery and work areas to include the reporting of any problems.
- Ensuring strict adherence to the company Health & Safety and environmental policies
- Forklift truck (FLT) and/or side loader FLT trained operator preferable although training will be provided
- Experienced in the movement, handling and loading of steel sections or comparable construction/building materials
- Preferable to have experience of using hand tools and/or hot cutting equipment although training will be provided
- Experience of stock management including receiving into and picking out of stock
- Use of and familiar with handheld tablets would be preferred
Hours per week: 40