Salary: £10 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
Our Room Attendants are responsible for cleaning and servicing guest rooms in order to provide a pleasant and comfortable experience for our guests. You will ensure that all rooms are inviting and clean and they address all guest queries politely and knowledgeably.
Milton Hill House is a stylish conference, event, party and wedding venue in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
Surrounded by 22 acres of tranquil parkland just 13 miles from Oxford, Milton Hill House effortlessly blends a graceful Georgian manor house with modern facilities. Previous residents include King William III, Peter the Great, and Sir Mortimer Singer of the Singer sewing machine family. Learn more about our venue hire in Oxford.
We are looking for a reliable and friendly room attendant to join our hospitality team in order to provide superb customer service to our guests. Your duties will include ensuring that assigned rooms are fully stocked, cleaned, and serviced to a high standard. You should also be able to resolve guest complaints and queries promptly and in a polite manner.
Some of your duties will include:
- Greeting guests and responding to queries.
- Changing bed linen and making beds.
- Replacing used towels and other bathroom amenities, such as shampoo and soap.
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Vacuuming carpets.
- Dusting and polishing furniture.
- Emptying trash containers and ashtrays.
- Restocking beverages and food items in the minibar.
- Cleaning public areas, such as corridors.
- Reporting any technical issues and maintenance needs.
- Updating status of guest rooms on assignment sheet.
- Returning and restocking cleaning cart at shift end.
To be successful as a Room Attendant you must be honest, pleasant, and have detailed knowledge of, and comply with, all housekeeping policies, procedures, and standards.
- Flexible working hours.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards.
- Physical mobility and stamina.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Professional and polite.