Salary: Monthly Paid
Shift hours: Full Time
We are currently looking for a security officer to join our team at the stunning HMPS College Newbold Revel. The college specialises in training prison officers, and comprises of training rooms, gymnasiums, lecture halls and bedrooms, that are set amongst vast, beautiful grounds.
The role offers plenty of opportunities for career progression, overtime and advancement. The hours of work are every Saturday and Sunday 6am-7pm, and the rate of pay is £10.45 per hour, paid monthly.
Full training, uniform, and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided to you from day one.
- You would be patrolling the site on foot, adopting a patrol tour system, to keep the site secure and will have gatehouse duties as part of this role; additionally, you will be responsible for ‘lock and unlock’ duties on site, and will be the first point of contact at the reception/gatehouse desk, it is therefore very important that you have a positive, customer focussed attitude
- You will also be responsible for responding to calls for service/fire alarms, therefore adherence to site health, safety, fire, and general procedures, is of critical importance
- You will be operating in a trusted position and will be required to carry out duties such as issuing room keys and other equipment to visitors and staff, and monitoring CCTV
You will be first aid trained, and be relied upon to deliver first aid, when required, including effective liaison with site management and the emergency services
- Will have excellent communication skills, as well as good situational awareness and judgement, with an eye for detail
- Will have experience working in a similar role (though, this is not essential, as full training is provided)
- An SIA Licence holder (manned guarding and/or CCTV – though this is not essential, as full training is provided)
- Will be reliable, dependable, and maintain high standards of service and timekeeping, at all times
Location: HMPS College – Newbold Revel, Rugby, England