At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Senior Boiler Technician to join our friendly team in Linford, Stanford-le-Hope.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Boiler Technician will be responsible for providing mechanical planned and preventive maintenance, as well as reactive maintenance on all plant, systems and services. You will also be responsible for monitoring and fault diagnostics of computer-controlled building management systems.
- Repairing and installing Boilers and Pressurised Vessels systems.
- Supporting a 24/7 operation to provide adequate steam volume and quality to enable operations to meet their production plan
- Attending emergencies e.g. leaks
- Working as a team with other engineers.
- Maintaining a tidy working environment
- Regular management of third party contractors (E.g. Boiler & Burner Control companies, Weld repair companies, Insurance inspection and Non Destructive Testing)
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Boiler Technician will be able to demonstrate previous experience working as a Senior Boiler Technician or similar ideally gained within a Manufacturing or Heavy Industry environment. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing engineering and operational skills.
- Time served in a recognised apprenticeship.
- Advance understanding of steam fundamentals essential for management of Autoclave performance (Steam cooking) (not essential, for the right candidate we will provide training and development opportunities)
- ONC or above with relevant experience.
- Boiler, Pressurised Vessels and Facilities Experience.
- BOAS trained.
- Experience in creating, planning and undertaking PPM activities.
- Understanding of compliance with regards to Boilers and Pressurised Vessels.
Location: Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/117/3892