About the role
Sense has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Estates team as a Senior Building Surveyor. This full time position will initially be homeworking, but will be based at our offices in Crayford, post pandemic.
As our Senior Building Surveyor you will lead on Sense's national Surveying function, providing expertise, advice, and guidance to the organisation on property related matters. Sense has a varied national portfolio of property, including care homes, shops, colleges and office buildings. Responsibilities will include:
- Project managing maintenance and construction schemes.
- Managing and monitoring the maintenance budget.
- Developing new systems and processes for managing, monitoring and reporting on the work of the surveying function.
- Lead on any complex and high value acquisitions.
- Managing a team of Regional Surveyors
This is an exciting time to join Sense as we expand our Retail locations into Wales.
Key skills and experience
- RICS Chartered Surveyor
- A degree level qualification in Building Surveying, Construction, or equivalent experience.
- Substantial work experience within a mixed portfolio Building Surveying environment.
- Experience of distance team management on a national level.
A full UK driving licence and use of your own vehicle is an essential requirement for this role, and some evening or weekend work, and overnight stays may be required.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Property and Housing