At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Corporate Relations team is responsible for building trust in Burberry’s brand and protecting our reputation. The Senior Corporate Relations Manager will support the Corporate Relations Director to drive our corporate brand narrative and strategy forward, ensuring consumers, media and investors understand and are connected to our commitments. The candidate will also be responsible for line managing and developing the Corporate Relations Coordinator, and working with the Coordinator to manage the global press office.
- Develop and deliver the global Corporate Relations strategy in partnership with the wider Corporate Relations team
- Act as a business partner to core functions, including Responsibility, Finance, Strategy, Legal and Marketing, providing counsel on relevant issues as required
- Lead ESG communications, working closely with Corporate Relations team members and functional leads in Responsibility and DE&I to ensure all external content aligns with our purpose, values and commitments
- Contribute to and assist with the management of financial communications, including the delivery of quarterly financial results and the Annual General Meeting
- Conduct vigilant monitoring for risks, and develop mitigation plans and manage issues as necessary
- Proactively engage with press, industry and government stakeholders to build awareness around our strategic priorities
- Manage the press office, working with the Corporate Relations Coordinator to ensure timely responses
- Extensive Corporate Relations experience either in house or at an agency required
- Financial communications experience in the UK (or globally) highly desired
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of relevant challenges facing brands
- Excellent communicator with the ability to simplify technical language and tell inspiring, impactful stories
- Confident media handler with crisis communications experience essential
- Detail-oriented and can multi-task with excellent time management
- Self-motivated, driven and proactive, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || EXECUTIVE || CORPORATE RELATIONS || n/a ||