At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Senior Regional Manager Logistics to join our North & Scotland team in a regional role.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting into the National Logistics Performance Director, the Senior Regional Manager Logistics will be required to manage & be accountable for a regional Transport operation which includes c.500 Large Goods Vehicle and £60m transport p.a costs. This will include own fleet vehicles & drivers, contract hauliers and subcontractors.
Due to the 24/7 operations within the business this will include the ability to manage a competent driving workforce of circa 500 direct and indirect employees, over both day and night shifts.
The suitable candidate will be a logistics expert and will be expected to support the development of the logistics strategy for the region in Aggregates and Asphalt and lead its implementation.
A key responsibility will be supporting a strong culture of Transport Safety and Legislative compliance across both own fleet operations and contract hauliers. The ability to maximise and develop the flexibility of the fleet.
Working closely with the National Performance Team, identify and drive initiatives to deliver £25m optimisation savings. Managing a team of Distribution Managers, Planners, Customer Service and TAMs.
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Regional Manager Logistics will have experience of:
- Proven people management ability and experience of managing successful customer service and planning teams
- Experience of inspiring business performance and driving improvements
- Experience of budgeting, forecasting, financial review and successful management of those processes
- Strong negotiation and exceptional customer service skills
- Team leadership
- Coaching with a strong ability and is able to coach customer service techniques.
- Customer service excellence
- Knowledge of our products, services and capabilities
- A strong understanding of transport regulations regarding ‘O’ Licence, Driver Hours, Construction and Use Regulations
- CPC Holder
- Proven experience of managing road health and safety
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Location: Chester Le Street, County Durham, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39518/4011