We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements, including 9-day fortnights
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Senior Practitioners, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Practitioner to work within the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub based at Police Headquarters, Hinchingbrooke .
The post covers Cambridgeshire County Council and co-located with the partner agencies within the Integrated Front Door Service.
If you enjoy undertaking multi agency enquires, triaging, and have the ability to apply thresholds for intervention and to analyse level of risk and impact on children then this is the job for you. To be successful in this role you will have good verbal communication and written skills, able to engage with children, young people, and their families to understand their situation and to consider what support they might require.
You will be joining a supportive team which is made up of both qualified and alternatively qualified staff co located with health, police, Adult MASH, Early Help Hub, and education colleagues as well as a number of virtual partners. This post is hybrid days in the office and days working from home.
If this sounds like an role that suits your skill set, we would love to hear from you! For more information, call Beth on 01223 475920 or email email@example.com.
This is a rolling campaign and we check applications daily, don’t wait to apply!
In Children’s Services we are working to reshape what we do and how we do it. Why not be part of it?
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role will be required to work from a Police building and therefore this post will be subject to the outcome of a Police vetting check.
We support flexible working requests from day one of employment and so we are open to discussing different working patterns to help you bring your best self to work.
We’re looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
We want to hear from you about how you want to work that would help to bring your best self to Cambridgeshire. Prefer to work 37 hours over 4 days? Want to work 25 hours? Looking for a role where you can be flexible around commitments outside of work? Get in touch today and let’s have a chat about the right working pattern for you!
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.