At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our team based in Dunbar Cement Plant, East Lothian, Scotland.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful candidate for the role of Senior Process Engineer, you will be expected to focus on plant performance to enable the plant to achieve its Health Safety Environment and Quality (HSEQ) and performance objectives.
The main elements of the role are to:
- Maintain high safety standards and effectively coach and challenge others to work safely.
- Monitor key process parameters, identify actions and define instructions to deal with deviations from targets.
- Conduct day to day and longer-term investigations to improve performance and optimise plant operations.
- Implement systems, tools and procedures to optimise the production process.
- Support, and where appropriate lead, multidisciplinary teams, projects, Plant Improvement Plans (PIP) and other initiatives to meet business targets.
- Build and maintain positive relations with other teams to achieve the plant’s goals.
In the role of Senior Process Engineer, the ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Previous proven experience in process engineering (preferably the cement industry) or other relevant industry.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or related subject
- IOSH qualification or willing to work towards.
- IChemE associated – working towards or willing to attain chartered engineer
Location: Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39518/3809