35 hours per week – hybrid working can be considered with a minimum of one day per week in the office.
Permanent & fixed term contract roles available
£71,206 Per Annum
Fri, 15 Sept 2023
Are you an experienced security professional with a passion for protecting people, assets, and data? Do you want to work for a successful financial services organisation with a reputation for excellence? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking talented Senior Security Specialists, with a proven track record of working with Azure to join our information security team and provide expert guidance on all aspects of security. In this role, you will work closely with teams across the organisation, to identify potential security risks and develop pragmatic strategies to mitigate them. You will be comfortable working within the agile methodology and have a good understanding of DevSecOps and Application Security.
We are undertaking a substantial technology transformation programme, and you will play a key role in helping deliver this.
What you’ll be doing
We are excited to be looking for Senior Security Specialists to work within our Information Security department. As part of the security team, you willplay a pivotal role in supporting transformative change across the society.
Working within a fast paced and evolving environment, our team deliver first line security activities and enhancements, driving real change and business enablement. The Senior security specialist role will provide subject matter expertise across the society including support for the secure delivery of our cloud transformation programme.
The range of work you will be leading on includes:
• Providing security consultancy across the society
• Working closely with agile workstreams, you will help embed and empower security best practice into processes and pipelines
• You will help build out and mature our DevSecOps capability
• Maturing our cloud deployments, environment and supporting controls
• Subject matter support for projects and change initiatives
• Helping deliver our cyber strategy
• Building a network of security champions
• Identifying and implementing process improvements across our security teams
• Assessing emerging threats and risks
• Evaluating security tooling and solutions
• Provide SME on detection, protection, and incident response of security threats
What you’ll bring to the role
People are at the heart of what we do, and this is a great opportunity to use your experience and expertise to make a difference. With a large cloud transformation project in flight, we are looking for someone with experience of securing cloud deployments, to help lead the provision of security oversight and application of appropriate and pragmatic controls. You will also be inquisitive with a good general appreciation of enterprise-wide security threats, controls, and principles. You’ll be comfortable and have experience of working with the agile methodology.
You’ll enjoy seeing projects through to the end and can focus on detail and produce high quality deliverables and reports. This is a senior position so you must be highly self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
The successful candidate will hold one of the following qualifications CISSP, CISA, CISM or equivalent security qualifications/experience.
£71206 plus benefits