Senior Social Worker – Permanent
This is a Gloucestershire County Council job.
- Job Title: Senior Social Worker
- Job Location: Shire Hall, Block 5, 2nd Floor
- Salary: £37,261 – £42,503 per annum
- Hours per Week: 37.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 04/06/2023
- Job Requisition Number: 6423
- This post is not open to job share
Are you a Social Worker passionate about working with people to promote independence, dedicated to making a difference and looking for your next career move?
We would love to hear from you!
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care are holding a series of recruitment events in 2023 to share details of our many rewarding local jobs. Our events aim to inspire anyone who is thinking about a new challenge or a change of career to join our amazing Adults teams in 2023.
Please visit our Recruitment Events webpage. If you need any further information, please email our Adults Recruitment Team today!
Our short video will give you an idea of what it’s like to work in our Hospital Discharge and Assessment team.
Watch a video about our team – Gloucestershire County Council
About the role:
We have a full time Senior Social Worker position available in our Hospital Discharge and Assessment team, based in Gloucester. The team has a supportive and engaged management structure including an Integrated Social Care Manager, Deputy Social Care Manager, Social Work Leads, Social Care Lead, Senior Social Worker, Social Workers, Social Care Practitioners and an administration team.
The Senior Social Worker role could be the perfect next step of your career; with this role offering you more challenge and complexity, without the added management responsibility. We look to our Senior Social Workers to provide expert social work practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk. You will work closely with a range of professionals and more senior managers to ensure a balance of support and independence is achieved, through offering expert evidence based opinion.
As a Senior Social Worker, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of Gloucestershire. To join us, you must:
- Have a social work qualification and be SWE* registered
- Have completed your ASYE* programme and have at least 2 years post completion service
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practice
- Have up to date knowledge of legislation and demonstrable experience of providing credible approaches to practice.
- Be able to prioritise, using a risk based approach
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Hospital Discharge and Assessment team. You can be confident of becoming part of a welcoming, supportive, passionate, innovative and very experienced team. We use the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them. The suitable candidate will be well supported within their role and will receive regular supervision. We fully support hybrid and agile working and ask teams to be in the office on days they are working together and holding their ‘huddles’ (where teams work together on exploring how to support the people we work with.)
You’ll be entitled to our full benefits package, including:
- 25.5 days annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a number of major supermarket chains and high street retailers
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision and informal support
- Accredited post-qualified training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills
- Personal licences to Adults CCINFORM
- Transfer options after two years in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings.
- Access to mandatory training and additional topical bi-annual workshops.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C’s apply)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network
- Strong emphasis on a supportive working environment and developing our employees with 94% having participated in their annual appraisal and regular health and wellbeing events.
Subject to meeting qualifying conditions, we offer relocation of up to £8,000 (inclusive of VAT) to use towards the cost of relocating to Gloucestershire.
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, we understand that commuting isn’t for everyone, so if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.
To find out more about working in the Cotswolds team, visit our “Meet the Teams” webpage here
To join our team, click “Apply” today! You will also find the link to the Job Profile below.
* For interested professionals located in Wales and Scotland, please contact us to discuss your application.
Please write your application with consideration for the criteria in the Job Profile. This should include examples of why you should be considered and evidence of the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk to arrange a convenient time for a call back.
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
Senior Social Worker – Job Profile
This Position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Hybrid working arrangements are available for the majority of our roles, giving teams the opportunity to work in a way that suits them, balancing service need and individual choice, with a mix of both remote and office working.