Location: Stowe School, Stowe, MK18
Salary: Up to £42,000
This position is based in Stowe, Buckinghamshire MK18 5EH
£42,000 depending on experience
40 hours / 52 Weeks
We are looking for creative and food loving team members to join our friendly team at Stowe School. Fabulous place of work, lots of opportunity for training and great employee benefits.
Holroyd Howe is one of the UK’s leading contract caterers, providing fresh innovative food services solely to independent schools and colleges. We are a team of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children of all ages in order to meet the bespoke requirements of each school.
Can you commit to feeding hungry tummies as well as hungry minds? We serve more than just a meal in our kitchens, so are you the exceptional Senior Sous Chef we’re looking for?
If you are looking for an employer that will invest in you and develop your career further, then look no further and apply!
- To provide food/service to a consistent high standard, including assisting Executive Head Chef and Head Chef with functions in other different areas throughout the business.
- To manage the kitchen brigade in the absence of the executive chef/head chef
- To assist training of junior staff
- To liaise with key people in the team in order to plan for the provision of food in all areas
- To place order directly with suppliers.
- To ensure smooth running of daily operations which include ensuring no disruption to the pre agreed menu offer.
- Responsible to manage stock levels of that specific area including ordering when required as well as waste control.
- Ensure the presentation of the food is consistent with the standards set by senior chefs.
- To comply with all legal requirements with particular reference to (but not exclusively) fire regulations, security, licence requirements and any Local Authority or Client stipulations.
- To ensure all Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements are being adhered to
- As described in the Searcy Health & Safety Policy, including best practices to ensure personal hygiene at all times.
- Demonstrate Personal Development.
- Any other reasonable request by the Senior Management.
- Ideally have experience working within Education catering
- Have good Health & Safety knowledge
- Flexible with a can-do attitude, customer focused
- Fun and enthusiastic
- Have excellent organization skills
- Demonstrate great attention to detail
- Be a team player, and enjoy succeeding as a team
- Possess great customer service skills
- Have a flexible approach to work