We are on the lookout for senior individuals with mid-market/entrepreneurial or M&A tax experience to join our Transaction Tax (TT) team and support our growth.
The Cooper Parry TT team is led by Linda Marston-Weston, who joined us in March 2021 to grow the business alongside Directors Steve Round and Sara Thompson. This is an exciting opportunity to join a TT team very much in ‘growth mode’ as we look to become the number 1 TT team advising owner-managed and mid-market businesses across the UK. This position can be based out of either the East or West Midlands and is flexible for remote working.
We’re killing it….
We are one of the fastest growing accountancy firms in the UK and we have the awards to prove it. We were voted as the #No1 Accountancy firm to work for in the UK by the Best Companies awards 2021, along with a host of other awards as well.
In the last 3 years, we’ve won Regional Tax Team of the Year and the Best Tax Employer at the Tolley’s Tax Awards. Why? Because we are leaving the dull old ways of accountancy behind, making our own rules, and always putting our people at the heart of our success.
About the role…
This position is perfect for someone with drive and ambition who has experience of providing M&A tax advice, and who thrives on the cut and thrust of the deal. If that’s you, read on!
- Play a key role in managing tax advice on Transactions
- Work under your own initiative, and collaborate with other experts within the firm as necessary, to drive delivery of advice to clients
- Provide advice across a broad range of transactions, including buy and sell side tax due diligence, sell-side advice to entrepreneurs/companies exiting their businesses, buy and sell-side structuring (including PE), and pre and post deal group restructurings
- Support businesses and entrepreneurs in achieving their own growth journey, and in particular OMBs as they aim to grow on an international stage and ultimately look to exit
- Work closely with Partners and Directors across the firm to support growth and advancement of the team as a whole
- Get involved in business development and marketing – working together with the team to further develop the firm’s presence in the market
- Spot opportunities for continuous improvement in relation to client delivery, quality, and wider team management
- Have the ability to make decisions and act on them to make it happen
- Be a key person for the training and development of TT trainees
- Be driven with the energy to deliver tax efficient solutions to tight deadlines
- Be passionate about the success of CP as a whole and its extensive client base
- Have a sense of pride in your DNA and strive for an exceptionally high quality of output, and will inspire others to achieve the same
The role offers high levels of responsibility, the satisfaction of working on interesting and challenging projects and the opportunity to be part of a successful team. We expect an “all in” attitude to building the business, driven by a passion and desire to be recognised as the best TT team in the Owner Managed and Mid-Market space, within the best company to work for in Europe (we don’t think small!).
What you’ll need…
- Experience in advising companies or individuals (or both!) on transactions
- Exceptional ability to absorb, understand and explain technical tax issues in simple terms
- Experience of working on transactions, whether exclusively or as part of a broader tax role
- Commercially aware with the ability to think outside of the problem
- Ability to build and retain strong client/referrer relationships
- Have trained in practice in either a legal or accounting environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a passion for collaboration
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Project management skills and experience in managing and developing a team of high performing people
- A strong existing intermediary network
What’s in it for you…
At Cooper Parry our mindset is simple. We only do things if we believe we can be No.1. To achieve that we put our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here, then they do amazing work. That’s why we offer things like:
- Competitive salaries aligned to big firms
- Open holidays
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- No dress code – just “Wear something!”
- Incredible ongoing development and career growth
- A truly flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients – “Work from Anywhere. Anytime. Forever.”
- Study support/leave and professional memberships
- Onsite gym and social/sports clubs
- Some of the most impressive offices in the UK
- Regular social events
- Volunteering / charity days
Are we a match?
Our values are at the heart of what we do at Cooper Parry and it’s important we recruit like-minded individuals into our teams:
- Play all in – we are committed, engaged, and driven
- In it together – we believe in all for one and one for all
- Be Nice – we are kind, humble and authentic
- Be Brave – we are bold, entrepreneurial, and rebellious
- Keep Learning – we explore, discover and are curious
If you’re ready for a new and different challenge… to reset yourself… and you want to do so in one of the most exciting and fastest growing teams in the marketplace, then make sure you apply.