Shift Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm –
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Our Managers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for Service Manager to join our team in Harrietsham.
At Endurance Care we provide person-centred care for adults with learning disabilities, down syndrome and those that display challenging behaviours in a Residential and Support Living setting.
The people we support require assistance with most aspects of their lives and also could have medication and dietary needs. Support includes assistance with cooking, cleaning, personal care and accessing the community. We encourage an active lifestyle and maintaining healthy well-being.
The Service Manager will be responsible for managing 4 homes across Harrietsham.
The role is Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with 1 on call in 8.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Workers do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive salary of £28,120
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific for you and your team.
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
The Care Service Manager Role
The Care Service Manager’s role is essential to the wellbeing and safety of the people we support and to the development of the team of people employed to support them.
You will lead by example and demonstrate safe, effective working practices along with taking an active part in mentoring and developing individuals and staff teams in line with all relevant and current industry legislation and best practice. Responsibilities include:
- Devise, implement and review support plans with individuals focusing on safe and achievable outcomes and goals ensuring the service users wishes are reflected in these
- Assess and develop outcome focused risk management plans
- Perform audits of support plans, health action plans, risk assessments and management plans, financial management systems where a team leader/care manager is responsible for the upkeep of these documents
- Effectively manage your own diary in order to give full support to our services
- Be a point of contact for all service users, their families and staff within your network
- Be involved and contribute to management meetings, daily office functions and represent the company, when needed, in the public/professional domain
- Planning and organising meetings and communicating on day-to-day issues with your manager
- Ensuring information held by the company about individual service users is kept securely and updated regularly in line with the Data Protection Act 1998
- Support staff to work within boundaries of their role and capabilities
- Be involved in fact finding and information gathering where complaints or concerns have been raised
- Plan and deliver staff appraisals and supervisions with other HR related tasks and where necessary, be part of the disciplinary process
- Carry out relevant risk assessments in regard to health and safety in the work place, specifically lone working practices
- Be actively involved in mentoring or training staff either in a structured session or whilst working alongside them
- Ensure and monitor that support staff follow policies, procedures and guidance from the Employee handbook
- Fully comply with the requirements set out by the Health and Social Care Act 2014, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, GSCC, Health and Social Care Regulations 2010, Safeguarding Policies and CQC standards
- Understand and adhere to the policies as set out in the Mental Health Act 2013
- Supporting Adults with Learning disabilities and/or mental health conditions
- A minimum of a Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Experience of managing a team including rotas, appraisals and disciplinaries
- Experience of multi-site manager