At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Shotfirer – Explosives Operative – DAYS to join our friendly team based at our Mountsorrel Quarry, Quorn, near to Loughborough in Leicestershire. This role is commutable from Loughborough, Leicester, Melton Mowbray and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Duties of the Shotfirer – Explosives Operative you will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient supply of blasted rock to meet the Quarries production requirements. Your role will include (not exhaustive):
- Ability to use survey equipment and computer programs to design the shot etc.
- Working predominantly outside all year round in quarry conditions
- Work with the Manager, Supervisor and Operations team with meeting daily production targets
- Follow strict SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure all associated equipment conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Acting on defects and implement remedial action
Please note this role of Shotfirer – Explosives Operative is a DAY role with OT available to meet with the site production needs.
To succeed in the role of an Shotfirer – Explosives Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- An NVQ / QCF and current shot firing and blast design certificates would prove highly desirable although not essential as training will be given to the right candidate
- Evidence a previous working knowledge of blast design, shot firing operations would be advantageous
- Engineering knowledge
- Knowledge of Explosives
- Knowledge of Quarrying
- Good Timekeeping – Flexible as to the units requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT Literate
** Please note – Previous experience as an Shotfirer – Explosives Operative would prove highly beneficial due to the nature of the role **
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/2839