Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re now recruiting for Skilled Operatives for our Wastewater framework (for a 5 year contract). We have opportunities based in Abergavenny or Cilfynydd Nr Pontypridd or Gowerton and the work areas cover Gwent, Swansea, NPT, Bridgend, Valleys and Cardiff.
The purpose of these roles is to ensure the safe delivery of repair and maintenance tasks on the Wastewater Network in the South Wales region.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Skilled Operative will be responsible a variety of tasks including:
- Supporting their Team Leader to deliver works safely, compliantly, efficiently and in accordance with legislation/industry and company standards
- Co-operation on Health and Safety matters including point of work risk assessments for each job/project, so a safe method of working is achieved
- Working on standby rota ( 1 week in 4) to deliver emergency works out of hours
To be successful in this role you will have experience of working within the Water/Utilities industry. You will also:
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience of Deep drainage/ pipe laying experience
- Confined space working (C&G Med Risk Minimum)
- NRSWA – Streetworks qualified
- Be IT literate
- Possess full UK driving licence (ideally cat C1E)
- CAT 4+ trained
- Water Hygiene Card (desirable)
- Asbestos Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- 360 Excavator <10t (CPCS)
Location: Cardiff, South Glamorgan, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/102/975