Salary: Up to £31,000 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
Sous Chef – Northampton
- Up to £31,000 per annum depending on experience
- Employee benefits and continuous development and training!
- 40 hours per week, 5 out of 7 days
- Flexible in terms of working hours is a must, both weekend and late shifts.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to join one of our exciting contracts at one of the largest dedicated training and conference centres in the UK.
As Sous Chef, you will work in close collaboration with the Head Chef sharing responsibility for leading, supporting and developing your team.
You will be assisting the head chef with all areas of the kitchen including health and safety, wages, rotas and general managing of the team to ensure exceptional customer and food service across all operations.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate who has a passion for high volume, high quality catering and who has experience in driving success.
- To supervise the preparation and cooking of sufficient food to provide the agreed amount of customer choice with minimum wastage
- To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures
- Making sue all food is prepared to required standards checking for taste, presentation and quality
- To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy
- Making sure all food is sent out correctly and garnished
- To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods avoid wastage and keep down costs
- To assist in completion of relevant paperwork reproduction and wastage sheets, cleaning records etc
- To ensure the kitchen and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service
- Carry out accurate weekly stock takes
- To assist in the planning of menus ensuring that they achieve and maintain the budgeted food costs
- Achieving GP through keeping costs down
- Ability to lead and motivate a varied team of chefs and kitchen porters, working alongside front of house staff and managers to deliver a legendary experience every time.
- Sound culinary knowledge and skills to a high degree
- Experience in a similar role, to include large events, al carte service, conference and banqueting.
- Minimum level two-food hygiene, sound understanding of health & safety, HACCP and COSHH.