Shift Hours: Days and Sleeps –
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives.
Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team in Trimdon.
Essential Care and Support, part of the National Care Group provide person centred support to individuals with complex needs, these include learning disabilities and autism.
At the Retreat we provide 1-1 care for the people for adults who have a diagnosis of learning disability and some are non-verbal. There are 6 spacious bedrooms with ensuites that are personalised to the people who live there.
We are looking for someone who has patience, caring and ideally with some experience in health and social care or is enthusiastic and willing to learn. You will be involved in all aspects of care including personal care, promoting independence, cooking, medication administration, taking part in fun activities and outings and ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the people we support amongst other things.
This is a highly rewarding role with an opportunity to make a difference through high quality care and support whilst having fun with the individuals. We pride ourselves on our partnership working with the people we support, their families, and the local authority to ensure we deliver a quality service.
Shifts vary over a 7 day rota that will include days, sleeps, nights and some weekends.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, Essential Care and support, part of National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do. That is why we offer:
– A Competitive hourly rate of £8.95
– Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
– Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
– Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
– Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
Providing 1-1 and group support sessions
- Creating engaging and creative ways to interact with the people you support
- Help with accessing the community and taking the people you support to their appointments.
- Set person-centred goals and agreeing on how to reach them
- Help with personal care when required
- Support the running of the home including the cooking and cleaning.
The most important qualities needed in a Support Worker are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?