Salary: £28,000 – £43,685 per annum
Shift hours: 25
Required from September 2023
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and motivated teacher to join our strong Computer Science/STEM team. Your drive, determination, desire to make a difference, and student focused thinking is more important to us than your experience. We offer an environment where an ambitious and innovative teacher and future leader will thrive and progress. This post will suit an early career or experienced teacher with the talents and skills to enable our students to succeed. A leadership role could be possible for the right candidate. You will support our drive to create exceptional experiences and have an aptitude for working with students to overcome barriers to learning.
This is an exciting time to join Barr’s Hill School and The Futures Trust. We are passionate about building brighter futures for our young people, and are driven by a set of compelling values:
1. Students First – students, staff, leaders, governors and trustees totally focused upon the educational benefit of our students within a safe and supportive environment
2. It’s about learning – students, staff, leaders, governors and trustees totally focused upon developing and improving learning underpinned by harmonious and trusting relationships
3. No Barriers – no excuses, only support to ensure students, staff, leaders, governors and trustees maximise the academic achievement of students whilst enabling them to develop and flourish as well-rounded individuals
Barr’s Hill is an 11-18 inner city school in the heart of Coventry. Our diverse student population is one of the many strengths of the school. We are a high performing school but we are passionately driven to constantly improve and intend to be the best school in the country. We are looking for people who are ready to work with us on the next phase of our journey. Computer Science/STEM is a thriving and popular subject, taught at all key stages, with students leaving us each year to top University courses.
Staff at Barr’s Hill School are supported by experienced teachers, Middle and Senior Leaders who commit generously of their time to train and develop colleagues. The School offers focused CPD for all staff based on their future aspirations, and has a proven track record of developing excellent teachers and future leaders. The School fully funds Masters research and offers a range of outstanding leadership development opportunities, including collaboration across the Trust. ECT’s are well supported by our induction programme which we lead regionally in partnership with the Futures Teaching Alliance and Best Practice.
Employees of the Trust have access to:
• Supported and funded professional development up to and including Masters level study
• Career pathways across the Trust
• The Teachers Pension Scheme
• Occupational Health Services
• ‘Viveup’ – employee benefits scheme offering discount at retail, travel, theme park and leisure providers
• Competitive rates of pay
• Family friendly policies
Informal visits to the School are very welcome and strongly encouraged, please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
Please see below an application pack available to download. Completed applications should be returned direct to the school at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 30th January 2023 at 9:00am
Interview date: TBC
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS and social media check.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.