Shift Hours: 37.5 hours – Day and Nights
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Team Leaders provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Team Leader to join our team in Thomastown, Tonyrefail, Porth.
Ty Nant is a residential care home in RCT for men aged 18 and above with a mental health diagnosis.
TyNant is a modern 24-hour residential care home made up of four adjacent properties, consisting of 11 bedrooms with most rooms having ensuite bathrooms with one house having a lift to enable individuals with mobility needs to access the first floor.
TyNant also has a further two self-contained flats for individuals wishing to live more independently with lower support needs.
The role is 37.5 hours a week and shifts will be across a 7 day rota that will includes days, waking nights and weekends.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life-changing work our Care Workers do. That is why we offer:
- Competitive Salary of £20,767
- 33 Days annual leave inclusive of bank / public holidays
- First class, engaging care specific training for you and your teams
- Unrivalled career development opportunities – we believe in promoting from within
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Rewards and recognition for your hard work
The Team Leader Role
As a Team Leader, you will promote and ensure that the company vision of person-centred support is implemented whilst maintaining an individual’s potential and independence. You will be a front-line manager, whilst also ensuring all necessary back office duties are completed within compliance.
A Team Leader is required to respect and work cooperatively with others, enabling the people we support to live in their own home or within their local community with dignity and confidence. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the manager in staff development and delivery of training.
- Leading the staff in promoting each client’s well-being, safety and quality of life.
- Monitor and assist the effective delivery of group and individual activities within homes that address agreed client goals and the progress of clients against agreed outcome and well-being measures.
- Ensure that liaison with external parties within their areas of responsibility is coordinated effectively with the home manager to ensure that communication is effective and consistent within the home.
- Work in accordance with Company values, policies and procedures, legislation and national minimum standards.
- Meet agreed individual annual objectives.
- Promote each client’s well-being, safety and quality of life
The most important qualities needed are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have a minimum of a Level 3 NVQ/QCF in Health and Social Care
- Experience of leading, supervising and motivating a team
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.