Are you working in corporate finance, audit or a more general tax role and looking for a career change? Whether you are part qualified or currently working as a Senior / Assistant Manager in another team, we want to hear from you.
The Transaction Tax (TT) team are in ‘growth mode’ as we look to become the number 1 TT team advising owner-managed and mid-market businesses across the UK.
In the last 3 years, we’ve won Regional Tax Team of the Year and the Best Tax Employer at the Tolley’s Tax Awards. Why? Because we are leaving the dull old ways of accountancy behind, making our own rules, and always putting our people at the heart of our success.
If you are ambitious, passionate and would find it a thrill to see deals that you have worked on in the news… make sure you read on!
A day in the life of a Transaction Tax Assistant Manager…
- Provide advice and answers to technical queries, complete buy-side tax due diligence, sell-side advice to entrepreneurs/companies, buy and sell-side structuring (often with international aspects) and everything in between
- Support businesses achieving their own growth journey, and in particular OMBs as they aim to grow on an international stage and ultimately look to exit
- Work closely with Partners and Directors across the firm to support growth and advancement of the team as a whole
- Get involved in business development and marketing – working together with the team to further develop the firm’s presence in the market
- Spot opportunities for continuous improvement in relation to client delivery, quality, and wider team management
- Have the ability to make decisions and act on them to make it happen
- Be driven with the energy to deliver tax efficient solutions to tight deadlines
- Be passionate about the success of CP as a whole and its extensive client base
- Have a sense of pride in your DNA and strive for an exceptionally high quality of output, and will inspire others to achieve the same
We expect an “all in” attitude to building the business, driven by a passion and desire to be recognised as the best TT team in the Owner Managed and Mid-Market space, within the best company to work for in Europe (we don’t think small!).
What you’ll need…
- Experience in advising companies or individuals (or both!), whether in audit, corporate finance or tax
- Either nearly qualified or full qualified ATT
- Exceptional ability to absorb, understand and explain technical concepts
- Commercially aware with the ability to think outside of the problem
- Ability to build and retain strong client/referrer relationships
- Have trained in practice in either a legal or accounting environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Project management skills and experience in managing and developing a team of high performing people
- A strong intermediary network and a passion for collaboration
What’s in it for you…
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
Cooper Parry’s mindset is simple. We put our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then they do amazing work.
That’s why we offer things like:
- A streamlined, client-focused service free from unnecessary red tape
- Encouraged and entrusted to do what you do best
- Open holidays to take as much as you need
- No dress code – “Wear something!”
- A truly flexible approach to work – “Work From Anywhere. Anytime. Forever”
- Tailored training, development and career growth, empowering you to reach your goals
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme to help you with your physical, mental, spiritual and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities – community is a central part of our wellbeing programme
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about and thrive.
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.