We are looking for a Transport Administrator – Tewkesbury (£23,753.60pa + Benefits) to work in the transport department to communicate daily with the driver teams to aid the delivery process and oversee and assist with the day to day running of the transport department.
Working Hours, Rotating Shifts 5:00 – 1:30pm, 13:30 – 22:00 flexibility may be occasionally required to cover sickness and holiday.
About Bensons for Beds
We’re Bensons for Beds! We put Sleep Wellness™ at the heart of everything we do. With 100 years of experience in sourcing the best quality beds, frames and mattresses, at Bensons we understand how to design the perfect, tailored sleep experience. We have 170+ locations and employ c 1800 colleagues. Under new ownership of Alteri Investors we have an ambitious 3 year plan to grow the business further and achieve our mission.
The Role – Transport Administrator
We are currently looking for an evening transport administrator to join our transport team in Tewkesbury.
The purpose of the role is to work alongside the Transport Supervisors to oversee the day-to-day running of the transport department. Communicate on a daily basis with the driver teams to aid the delivery process. Assist in the co-ordination with transport agencies and vehicle maintenance companies to ensure staffing levels are as required and vehicles are being kept to their service and MOT schedules. Must be able to advise drivers on the working time directives and aid them using hand held delivery computers (PDA’s).
Daily responsibilities include:
- Ensure that vehicles are kept to pre-set standards and are legally compliant..
- Working with employment agencies to acquire drivers on a temporary basis when required by the business.
- Ensuring driver compliance for working time directive.
- A strong commitment to maintain the high standards we expect of our delivery teams.
- Must be able to make quick decisions to aid the delivery process.
- Must be able to deal with driver complaints in authoritative manner.
We are looking for administrators with the following skills, experience and attributes to be successful in this role:
- Office Experience
- Transport Knowledge (not essential)
- Smart and professional in appearance
- Self-Motivated and disciplined
- Computer Skills
- Hard working, conscientious and willing to go the ‘extra-mile’
In return for your contribution to the team’s performance, we offer a competitive base salary of £22,753.60pa plus all these extra benefits:
- *Employee discount scheme for Bensons products
- *‘Perks’ discounts from numerous high street and online retailers and service providers to save you money on your everyday purchases and bigger expenses such as holidays and travel, electrical goods, motoring and leisure products etc.
- *Pension scheme – provided by Legal & General
- *Healthshield cashback options for Health and wellbeing services (dental, optical, virtual GP, other hospital services and more)
- Access to Retail Trust services (guidance and support on retail issues, mental health, wellbeing & financial topics)
- Learning and development programmes to gain new knowledge and skills
- Career progression – access to internal opportunities to build your career within Bensons for Beds
- *Long service awards and ‘Love to Shop’ voucher rewards to spend as you like
- 28 days holiday, rising to 31 after 2 years’ service
(*qualifying periods apply)
If you love working with a great team, engaging with a variety of challenges, growing your skills and developing new ones then click now to apply to join us!
There is a brief online application process to complete, to tell us about yourself, answer some questions and confirm your eligibility. We’ll reply to you asap!
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: £23,753.60 + Benefits