Salary: £25,018.50 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
o you want to make a difference in your local community?
Why not join the HMP Forest Bank team and help support improvements to the quality of life all connected with the services we deliver. Can you make a difference?
HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting a IT Tutor to teach learners how to increase their basic digital skills up to a level where they are confident in using technology that is used in the world of work. To be successful in this role, you must have a PGCE or equivalent, a degree or a level 4 qualification in a relevant subject area and experience of delivering digital skills in the classroom.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Teach digital skills that can be used to apply for jobs and to equip with the skills that will be necessary in many occupations.
- Ensure that all learners are provided with an initial assessment and a diagnostic test.
- Regularly test learners to demonstrate that they have retained knowledge.
- Ensure that Quality Assurance is of a very high standard and will undergo inspection by Team Leaders management and OFSTED.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the Team leaders to produce innovative and stimulating lessons for learners to encourage participation whatever level the learners are starting from.
- Effectively plan courses and lessons by preparing and using schemes of work and lesson plans for all classes for the benefit of the learner and for evidence at inspection/lesson observations
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
- A PGCE or equivalent
- A degree or a level 4 qualification in a relevant subject area
- Experience of delivering digital skills in the classroom
- A good knowledge of publishing software.
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- A flexible and responsive attitude
- Enthusiasm for the subject area
- Willingness to innovate and demonstrate self-motivation
- Awareness of and commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity and inclusion.
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Assessor or IV qualification is desirable.
- Experience in a prison environment
- Experience of using video/photo editing software and web design
Location: HMP Forest Bank, Salford, Manchester, England