Salary: £10.00 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
Shift hours: Full Time
- To safely and efficiently complete tasks as required in compliance with Sodexo and client instructions, procedures and policies.
- To alert management to any safety or operational issues that need addressing in a timely manner.
- To ensure waste management operations are completed correctly and efficiently to ensure a high level of service is always provided to the client.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of Health & Safety, Environment and Quality instructions that govern your area of work.
- Report any safety or environmental concerns to your line manager in a timely manner.
- Identify line management of any opportunities to improve safety or the service offering.
- Maintain a positive working culture and team environment and assist colleagues and line management as required.
- Ensure routine waste collection activities on site are completed safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in the segregation, packaging and labelling of wastes.
- Assist in the removal of waste from site and the completion of paperwork associated with this task.
- Ensure completion of pre-use checks and the safe use of mechanical equipment at all times.
- Maintenance of good housekeeping in all areas of site assigned to Waste Operations.
- Hosting contractors or visitors where required.
- Temporary redeployment to other sites when required.
- Working across various service lines as and when required.
- Responsible for daily post room shuttle run.
- Undertaking planned preventative maintenance tasks as and when required, and filling in associated paperwork.
- Litter picking and light site clearance duties.
- Undertake training as required and advise line management where further training is considered necessary.
- Valid driving licence essential
- Basic chemical safety and awareness
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Valid forklift licence desirable but not essential
- Ability to work flexibly to assist various service lines where required
Location: Leeds, England