Wood Lane, London, W12
Publicis Groupe UK is a marketing and digital transformation business made up of 5,000 talented and versatile people with expertise in media, creative, influence, technology and data, working across 21 agencies.
Publicis Groupe UK creative agencies include Saatchi & Saatchi, BBH, Digitas, Leo Burnett and Publicis•Poke. Also, within the stable are PR agencies MSL and Kekst CNC and sustainability consultancy, Salterbaxter. Publicis Media is home to Zenith, Starcom and Spark Foundry as well as specialist practices PMX, Performics, Publicis Sport & Entertainment and Publicis Content, providing expertise across media strategy, investment, data and technology.
Langland, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness and Digitas Health serve clients across health and wellness, science and medicine. They combine expertise across advertising and branding, clinical trial experience, data and analytics, technology, medical strategy and education and public relations and policy.
Employees share a common purpose, consistent ways of working and a financial structure that encourages collaboration.
In 2015 Publicis Groupe introduced the Power of One. Simplifying the traditional agency structure, the model removes silos between agencies and disciplines to put clients’ needs at the heart of the structure.
As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Groupe UK is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Are you a seasoned financial professional looking for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity? Publicis Groupe invites you to apply for the position of WIP Controller, a pivotal role in our dynamic team.
As a WIP Controller, you will be an integral part of our UK agencies, collaborating directly with key account management staff and finance team members. Based at our agencies in Baker Street, London, you will play a crucial role in the successful management of project finances, ensuring accurate recording, and timely invoicing to our clients.
- Monitor and analyse client project finances.
- Undertake regular project WIP/cost reviews with account management teams.
- Prepare insightful reports and analyses of project finances.
- Issue client invoices and monitor client purchase order spend.
- Prepare and post journals, including WIP cost and time transfers, matching, and allocations.
- Understand and monitor balances of accrued and deferred revenue and work in progress (WIP), proactively reducing these balances and escalating issues to the WIP manager.
- Conduct accounts receivable follow-up and liaise with the credit control team to ensure minimal bad debt.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of backup documentation for revenue recognition and billing, including purchase orders, client approval, and purchasing contacts where applicable.
- Prepare month-end reconciliations of balance sheet accounts such as accrued revenue, deferred revenue, and client billing.
- Manage the projects lifecycle in SAP, including job reconciliations and closures.
- Collaborate with auditors, gathering and providing necessary information.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses as required.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the regulatory environment and industry, evaluating agency financial processes and controls.
- Model a positive, approachable, and professional manner.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work with internal clients to meet their needs.
- Maintain trust and credibility with team members and clients by responding quickly to their needs, always following up, and delivering high-quality work.
- Readily adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing demands.
- Use others' time efficiently and appropriately (e.g. gathering input from team members).
To Succeed in This Role:
- Be a self-starter comfortable working autonomously.
- Demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role.
- Work independently while collaborating internally at the highest levels.
- Manage multiple stakeholders, working closely with account leads, account management staff, WIP manager, and commercial financial controller.
If you are ready for a varied role that challenges you to think ahead, be proactive, and stay one step ahead, we want to hear from you! Join Publicis Health and contribute to our mission of making a positive impact on healthcare communications.
Publicis Groupe operates a hybrid working pattern with employees being office-based on Mondays and two other days during the working week.
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.