Adult Social Care Practitioner – Permanent
This is a Gloucestershire County Council job.
- Job Title: Adult Social Care Practitioner
- Job Location: Cheltenham
- Salary: £28,900 – £32,020 per annum
- Hours per Week: 37.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 09/10/2023
- Job Requisition Number: 7523
Are you passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference?
Are you looking for your next career move within Health & Social Care? We would love to hear from you!
About the role:
We have a full time Adult Social Care Practitioner position available in our Cheltenham Locality Team.
Our supportive and engaged team structure includes an Integrated Social Care Manager, Deputy Social Care Manager, Social Work Leads, a Social Care Lead, Social Workers, Adult Social Care Practitioners and an administration team.
As an Adult Social Care Practitioner, you will be undertaking assessments and support plans with people who have physical disabilities or other complex needs. This role will involve working with families, carers and other professionals, agencies and organisations across Gloucestershire.
The work is focused on promoting independence, enabling the individuals we work with to remain in their own homes and reduce the need for hospital admission or long term care. The ideal candidate will be someone who has experience of working in a health and/or social care setting and who has knowledge of the Care Act; and the ability to apply it in practice.
We work flexibly with a mix of office and home working.
To find out more about our Cheltenham Locality Team, please visit our “Meet the Teams” webpage here
As Adult Social Care Practitioners, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of Gloucestershire. To join us, you must have:
- relevant qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent Health and Social Care experience
- training related to Health and Social Care assessments
- experience of managing a caseload including working with people experiencing a range of physical disabilities, medical, mental health difficulties and learning difficulties
- evidence of good interpersonal skills, good verbal / written communication
- good IT skills
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care practise the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them.
Our Adult Social Care Practitioners do all they can to make the difference to local communities in Gloucestershire. Here are some of the benefits we offer in return for your hard work.
- 25.5 days annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Agile working with a mix of office and home working
- Regular formal and informal support
- Safe, supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Access to training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills and progress your career
- Transfer options after one year in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings
- Personal licences to Adults CCINFORM
- Discounts at a number of major supermarket chains and high street retailers
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C’s apply)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Strong emphasis on a supportive working environment and developing our employees with 94% having participated in their annual appraisal and regular health and wellbeing events.
To start your journey with us, click ‘Apply’ today!
Or to arrange an informal discussion with the Team Manager, please email ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk
Please write your application with consideration for the criteria in the Job Description. This should include examples of why you should be considered and the experience, transferable skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post. You will find a link below to our Job Description.
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
This position is subject to a DBS check.
Note to internal applicants: To ensure best practice, vacancies are to be applied for within the Success Factors internal career site. Should you require support in setting up your internal profile, please visit Accessing SuccessFactors – Staffnet (gloucestershire.gov.uk) for guidance. Should you experience any issues logging in, please email ContactUs@gloucestershire.gov.uk or call 01452 425888 for support.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Hybrid working arrangements are available for the majority of our roles, giving teams the opportunity to work in a way that suits them, balancing service need and individual choice, with a mix of both remote and office working.