At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for an Asphalt Plant Supervisor to join our fantastic team at our Tarmac Cairneyhill Asphalt Plant, Caldercruix, Airdrie (near Glasgow). As well as Glasgow this site is accessible from Stirling, Falkirk, Grangemouth, Queensferry, Broxburn, Carluke, Bellshill, Hamilton, Kirkintilloch, Rutherglen, Bishopbriggs and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Asphalt Plant Supervisor will assist in the day to day safe running of a busy Asphalt plant and quarry. You will also be responsible for (not exhaustive):
- Operating fixed and mobile plants
- Administrative and compliance duties
- Using computer systems (including Excel and similar platforms)
- Housekeeping tasks and general maintenance assisting the fitting team
- Adhering to Health and Safety policies and procedures and encouraging others to do so
- Supervision of a team of 26 (Operators, Fitter, Electrician) across both the quarry and asphalt plant
- Occasional night shifts (approx. 5 weeks/year) and weekend working that will be on a rota bases
- Work with other Plant Supervisors to ensure the plant is always running to its expected capacity and in line with the manufacturing and production programme
To be successful in this role of Asphalt Plant Supervisor the ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience of working on Asphalt plants or in the quarrying industry, although this is not essential as full training would be given, however supervisory experience is essential for this role. As Asphalt Plant Supervisor suitable candidates will also:
- Have loading shovel and processing plant operational experience
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels across Tarmac and CRH business units
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team, providing the motivation to yourself as well as your team to achieve the site production requirements
- Be IT literate – able to use not only the Microsoft suite of packages but also our in-house CRM computer system
- Be flexible in their working approach
- Inspire yourself and your team to progress on both a personal and professional level
The role of Asphalt Plant Supervisor will require some weekend working as this is often more appropriate for carrying out essential maintenance.
Salary: Excellent Salary + Benefits + Bonus
Location: Airdrie, Lanarkshire, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/3479