Are you a skilled Bid Writer looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work as part of a thriving business that priorities its people?
Do you want to hone your skills and enhance your knowledge, working alongside a team of experienced Bid Writers?
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable individual to join our collaborative team as part of Pick Everard’s Bid Hub, a central team responsible for tender management across all our divisions and offices.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and join us on our unique journey in proposals management as part of a thriving, supportive national consultancy.
If you have demonstrable experience within Bid Writing, then this could be the perfect role for you!
- Write technical and non-technical tender responses and coordinate the writing process for bids
- Review opportunities and identify any positive and negative factors
- Structure proposals to meet the requirements of the customers’ evaluation team
- Review material from previous proposals with recommendations for appropriate usage including the use of storyboarding.
- Assist in the design and completion of storyboards and bid plans
- Understand the review process and implement on tenders and report on bid progress through appropriate internal channels
- Provide feedback and reviews, proof reading and editing support as required
- Set up bid response documents, create and edit bid responses for PQQ and SQ documents, and submit proposals through portals or emails, in line with client requirements
Pick Everard are proud to offer the successful candidate genuine career development opportunities and enhanced support, working within a positive and collaborative team.
As a Bid Writer, you will carry out all aspects of the bidding process, and be a crucial part of our successful bidding team.
- APMP Foundation Level
- Excellent bid writing skills with the ability to write in a concise and convincing manner
- Skills in reviewing and editing written content
- Good time management skills
- Personable attitude and willingness to engage with people from all levels of the business
- Attention to detail
- A general understanding or willingness to learn about the construction and property industry
- Degree-level education – English, History, Engineering or similar is preferred.
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.