Monday – Friday, Term time only (39 weeks per year) 8:30am-4:30pm
Science Teacher, Shrewsbury KS3/ KS4
We are having an open afternoon on Thursday 26th January 2023 from 1pm-4pm at The Monkhouse Granary, Broadoak, Shrewsbury, SY4 3HP. Please come along to meet our Headteachers and see what opportunities we have for you!
If you want to make your mark in a successful and flourishing school that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an Instructor to join our close-knit team at Darwin School.
About the School:
Darwin School is an independent school in the county of Shropshire, we provide education for students aged 8 to 18. We currently have capacity for up to 20 students.
Pupils are in long-term placements which are usually a duration of around 12-18 months and they all reside in one of our local specialist care homes. Teaching groups are currently a maximum of 4 pupils and staff have extensive knowledge of SEND.
At Darwin School we seek to Nurture, Evolve and Empower our young people.
Nurturing is extremely important for our young people. We believe that our values of kindness, respect and equity are key contributors to a positive learning environment. With our cemented vision and values, we enable our students to build their confidence and self-esteem.
It is also important for our young people to evolve and to become empowered, so that they can believe in themselves and aspire to become the very best that they can be.
All of our students benefit from personalised learning which will enthuse them and enhance their school experience. This enables them to achieve the necessary qualifications in order to open doors to future career paths.
What are we looking for?
The Executive Headteacher is seeking to appoint an aspiring Instructor to join this thriving specialist CSE School. Reporting to the Executive Headteacher, they will be responsible for the delivery of engaging and challenging lessons, ensuring that the department and the school are successful in achieving its aims. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
- Understanding of teaching, learning and qualifications
- Experience of working in non-mainstream settings with challenging learners
- Ability to empathise and support the development of learning
- Robust understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Good general level of education (Teaching qualification, ideally hold a Level 2 qualification in Mathematics and English or equivalent)
- Excellent delivery and communication skills
- You must be reliable, flexible, adaptable, and possess the ability to motivate and inspire.
- Good coordination and organisational skills
- Demonstrable track record of student achievement
- Innovative, fast thinking and versatile
- Excellent time management
- Good general level of ICT skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience of working with E3/L1 qualifications
- Achieved or working towards L3 Award in Teaching.
We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it. Join us, and we’ll show the same commitment to helping you achieve your personal best in your career.
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination a person who will not on the appointment panel will conduct the search and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.
Shrewsbury, Shropshire -Class Instructor [SYS-3802]