CareTech is a leading provider of specialist education, providing a range of collaborative services for young people ensuring that each individual achieves his/her personal best.
Cambian Fenton Grange School, an independent DfE-registered school, is a part of the Cambian Group. We provide high quality specialist education for up to 20 students, who have experienced trauma through having been involved in or at high risk of Child Sexual Exploitation [CSE]. The pupils in our school exhibit a range of challenging behaviours and associated learning and communication difficulties. The school works proactively with a range of agencies and team of committed and dedicated staff to tailor interventions, educational experiences and support for all students in order to meet their individual needs.
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, committed and hardworking classroom practitioner. As a Teacher at Fenton Grange School you will need to have a passion for working with young people and want to make a difference in their education by closing gaps in the learning and ensuring they are ready for the next stage in their education journey. The young people that you will be working with, have a range of additional needs and so we would require an individual who will bring positivity and is dedicated to supporting these young people to achieve their potential.
The children that you will be working with are female students and aged between 11 – 18 years old. Fenton Grange School provides an alternative to mainstream education, offering learners the opportunity to work with specialist trained staff in a small group setting and our aim is to support young people re-engage with education.
Ideally, the right candidate will have experience in teaching children and young people with additional needs however, experience is not essential. You will be a part of a dedicated team of professionals who will offer you clear guidance and mentor you in to this role. The successful candidate will complete a highly comprehensive induction program as-well as on-going training throughout their employment.
The selected candidate will be line managed by the Headteacher in the post.
- You will have qualifications relevant to the role.
- You will hold relevant, professional teaching qualification such as; degree or PGCE or equivalent.
- You will have strong knowledge of National Curriculum and Ofsted Inspection Framework.
- You will have knowledge of safeguarding and experience of how to work as part of a team to effectively safeguard young people.
- You will be an outstanding classroom practitioner, who plans, delivers and assess regularly, looking proactive ways to develop your practice.
- Experience in managing complex behaviours with trauma informed practice and appropriate interventions is desirable.
- You will have knowledge and experiencing of multi-agency working to support Looked after Children and young people who have EHCPs.
Cambian is an equal opportunities employer. Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to a robust safer recruitment process, an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
We pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunities Employer. And we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Church Fenton, North Yorkshire Teacher [SYS-3795]