We’re a multi award-winning contract catering company, with a team of trained foodies serving over 45,500 satisfied customers every day. We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commis Chef to join our team.
Enthusiastic about food, you’ll be part of a friendly, dedicated team providing catering services to our clients and staff. You’ll have the opportunity to assist with prep and production, under the supervision of our site Head Chef, serving well-balanced meals and menus. A good communicator, you will follow our Chef’s instructions – carrying them out with close attention to detail and a willing attitude to learn.
Ensuring food is always presented to the highest standards, you’ll also keep the kitchen and storeroom clean. While your kitchen skills may be at a basic level, you’re ready to improve and grow.
With a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate, you’re educated to City & Guilds/NVQ with kitchen experience preparing freshly made food.
• Monday to Friday working hours available
• Flexible working hours and the potential of condensed shifts
• Free meal provision while on shift
• Training and development opportunities including NVQ apprentice scheme & WSET courses
• 28 days annual leave with an additional day each year up to 33 days
• The opportunity to have your birthday off, every year!
• Discounts and cashback from a wide range of retail and leisure outlets
• The annual BM Caterers Summer party and FOODIES awards. As well as our site-based summer and winter parties.
• Regular team events
• Life assurance and an employee assistance programme
• Cycle2work scheme – upfront loan for the necessary equipment
• Being part of a team that made the ‘Best Companies’ to Work For list 7 years running
Location: Gateway Central Building – White City Place, 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ