In a Nutshell
At Lainston House, Winchester, we are looking for a Food and Beverage Supervisor to be responsible for leading the shift, supervising the front of house Food and Beverage team and supporting the Food & Beverage Management team in the day to day running of the department – to include; Bar, Lounge and Terrace, Restaurant and Conference & Banqueting. If you have a passion for good food and drink, this may just be the role for you.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Ensure a truly warm and welcoming experience for all guests and visitors dining in the F&B outlets.
- Overall supervision of the food and beverage team ensuring exceptional standards are delivered and maintained.
- Assist with the ordering and control of stock items ensuring availability at all times.
- Work as part of a team and to constantly evaluate, train and improve the experience of our guests.
- Help to support the welfare and motivation of the F&B team.
- Attend regular team meetings ensuring a strong and clear flow of communication at all times.
- Help to manage cost of sales to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved.
- Keep up to date with business trends, systems and practices within the food and beverage industry to enable us to remain current and open to opportunities to improve the profitability of the department.
- Assist in encouraging up selling and on selling to optimise revenue.
- Liaise with sales daily to improve communication & charging of any events taking place in the outlets.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful F&B Supervisor will have:
- Experience within a Food and Beverage environment at a Chef de Rang/ Head Waiter/ess level.
- Supervisory experience will be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to deliver a consistently high standard of customer service in a busy environment.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts – to include evenings and weekends.
- A positive attitude towards work.
- Smart appearance.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Be highly organised.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Possess a strong knowledge of food and drinks.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service).
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties.
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties.
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free.
- Recognition and rewards scheme.
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books.
- Cycle to work scheme.
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.