Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re now recruiting a railway General Foremen for Transformation of the Core Valley Lines who will be responsible for the safe execution of projects from construction phase mobilisation to hand back, in accordance with company policies, procedures and Railway Standards.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the General Foreman will be responsible for the safe delivery of projects and for ensuring that all company procedures and construction phase plans and all associated documentation is suitable and sufficient.
The Works Manager will be responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Providing health and safety leadership to operational delivery teams
- Ensuring that the General Foremen or other site supervisors are organised and well-motivated to safely meet the programme milestones
- Supporting the General Foreman to work safely in accordance with assessed construction risks and adherence with the control measures defined in Work Package Plans and Task Briefs
- Providing necessary support to enable the project environmental risks, objectives and targets are met
- Compliance with all project documentation for the application of legislation.
- Managing the General Foreman, Foreman, Site Supervisors and other assigned resources
- Promoting and maintaining effective client and stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance the company’s reputation to enable repeat business
- Upholding the core company values, inspiring and encouraging the same throughout the team
To be successful in this role, it is likely the ideal candidate will have a relevant experience along with proven leadership skills. It is likely you’ve been in your current role for a number of years and as a result built up a significant skill set and developed some great construction experience that you are now ready to apply in a new challenge.
In addition, have CITB SMSTS certification. You many also be qualified to NVQ Level 6 – Construction Site Management and have full first aid at work certification. Ideally you’ll also be CPCS Plant Certification and be an A61 – Appointed Person.
You will also be in possession of an SMSTS and have a relevant CSCS card.
You will be able to demonstrate a strong pedigree in management and delivery of previous rail civils projects, with preferred experience in stations, bridges, retaining walls and other related enabling works.
Location: Pontypridd, Mid Glamorgan, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39940/2751