At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Multi Skilled Operative to join our fantastic Sand and Gravel Quarry team at our Whisby Tarmac Quarry, which is located close to Lincoln in Lincolnshire. The site is easily accessible from Lincoln, Nottingham, Sleaford, Newark-on-Trent, Gainsborough, Retford, Worksop, Mansfield, Grantham, Scunthorpe and the surrounding areas
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Duties of the Multi Skilled Operative will include the day-to-day operations of mobile and fixed plant. The role is to operate the machine safely and meeting production demands. Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard.
Your role as a Multi Skilled Operative will include (not exhaustive):
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Acting on defects and raise awareness for remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised within your role
- House keeping across the site to provide optimum production
Please note this is a DAY shift role Monday – Friday, along with OT available to meet with the site production needs
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Quarrying and plant operations
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations i.e loading shovel would prove highly beneficial
- Good Timekeeping – Flexible as to the sites manufacturing requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT Literate
Previous experience as a Multi Skilled Operative working in a Plant / Quarry / Heavy Manufacturing environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
Salary: Competitive + OT + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/65533/3553