At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are looking for a Multi Skilled Operative to join our friendly team based at Tarmac Gore Quarry, Walton, Presteigne. As well as Presteigne, this role is easily accessible if you live in Hereford, Builth Wells, Ludlow, Llanwrtyd Wells, Leominster and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of Multi Skilled Operative is part of a key team of Operatives delivering best in class Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance for our Plant operations, as a Multi Skilled Operative you will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Operation of the mobile plant including rigid and articulated dump trucks and loading shovel (mobile plant)
- Assisting with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Ensuring Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Following Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Inspections on the Plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Assisting in the maintenance regime of the Plant
- Ensuring that Plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
Suitable candidates for the role Multi Skilled Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience preferably working within a similar aggregates environment or an Industrial or Factory environment as an operative or labourer. You will also possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
As part of an operational team, the ideal candidate for the role of Multi Skilled Operative will also:
- Have knowledge of the industry, Plant and ideally of quarrying
- Previous experience in mobile Plant operations preferred
- Be flexible and able to work as part of an effective Multi-Skilled Operative team
- Be self motivated and able to motivate other colleagues in the team
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments within role of operative
- Have knowledge of SSOW (HIRA) and Permit systems (preferred but not essential)
- Be compliant and engage with company policies, targets, goals and standards
- Good timekeeping – flexible as to the Units requirements
- Good communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Be IT literate
- Shovel/ADT/Excavator experience preferred
- Shovel Licence and Mobile plant tickets – desirable but not essential
Salary: Excellent Salary + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Presteigne, Powys, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/40135/4949